The Global Environment Centre was established in 1998 to work on environmental issues of global importance. The Centre is registered in
To support the protection of the environment and sustainable use of the natural resources to meet local, regional and global needs, through strategic partnerships with communities and like-minded organisations.
To promote integrated management of biodiversity and water resources with a focus on community involvement and biodiversity conservation;
To promote the protection and sustainable use of forests and wetlands with a focus on integrated management for biodiversity and climate change; and
To enhance awareness, understanding and capacity as well as partnerships between different organisations and sectors to address environmental issues.
Our Mode of Operation
- Partnership with other like-minded organizations
- Building cross-sectoral or integrated coalitions to address key issues
- Information exchange and dissemination - through newsletters, web-sites and the Internet.
- Institutional strengthening – South-South network and training programme.
- Education and public awareness – through dissemination of awareness materials & organisation of awareness campaigns.
- Policy development – through strategic workshops and policy development initiatives.
- Demonstration Projects - undertaking strategic projects in conjunction with partner agencies.