Innisfree Malaysia - Green Forest Campaign
In the mid of year 2017, Innisfree Malaysia undertook the initiative towards a green campaign concerning the forest sustainability. The approach towards this green campaign was decided to be undertaken via the efforts to plant more trees to help sustain the habitat endangered species, climate change, quality of air and protecting peatland in sustainable manner.
Innisfree Malaysia is a cosmetics brand from Korea made up of natural ingredients. In line with the Innisfree’s Green Promise concept, Innisfree Malaysia has chosen the Raja Musa Forest Reserve (RMFR) as a project site to actualize the Innisfree Malaysia’s initiative towards Peatlands Forest Sustainability.
Funder: Innisfree Malaysia
Partners: Kuala Selangor District Council, Selangor State Forestry Department, District Education Office, Sahabat Hutan Gambut
- 1 hectare of degraded area at Raja Musa Forest Reserve (RMFR) has been planted with a total of 600 Tenggek Burung saplings by 60 volunteers and members of Friends of North Selangor Peat Swamp Forest (FNSPSF);
- Another 0.5 hectare of degraded area at RMFR has been planted with 300 Tenggek Burung Saplings by 80 participants from Innisfree customers and fans on the 29th September 2018;
- Direct purchasing of peat saplings from FNSPSF's community nursery has indirectly support the sustainable livelihood options for the SHGSU members. This ensures continuous supply of Tenggek Burung saplings for rehabilitation activity and benefits the local community;
- Average heights for all planted trees has shown good progress - between 52-147 cm in 2018 compared to 32-69 cm in 2017;
- Implementation of maintenance works at planted site; and
- Installed piezometer to monitor the water level.
For more information about the project, please e-mail us at email@example.com