Support the implementation of Mangrove Forest Ranger (MFR) Programme 2023-2025
The Mangrove Forest Ranger (MFR) is an environmental education programme on mangrove forests and ecosystem for school students in Malaysia.
MFR was developed by GEC in 2018 under the Community-Based Mangrove Conservation and Sustainable Livelihoods programme funded by Aramco Asia Singapore (AAS) to improve the knowledge and understanding of students on the roles and significance of the complex mangrove ecosystems.
Adopting the MFR programme, this project aims to empower and encourage participation from the secondary and primary schools in Kota Tinggi District and nearby districts through educational activities, awareness programmes and field activities such as mangrove planting and rehabilitation programmes.
The school students will be directly involved in the educational talks/carnivals, in-house training about the mangrove ecosystem and the capacity building exercise, as well as physical planting, outdoor classroom of rehabilitation sites.
Duration: 2023 – 2025
Funder: Aramco Overseas Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Educate students and teachers about mangrove forest and climate change;
- To provide knowledge, disclosure and awareness of our responsibilities / roles to conserve and protect mangrove forest;
- Engage students, teachers, and community members in stewardship of their natural resources and impart a conservation behavior; and
- Increase ocean literacy by creating awareness about mangroves, the threats posed, and how people can help preserve these diverse ecosystems
- MFR programme implementation design.
- Implementation of the Training of Trainers (ToT) and Mangrove Forest Ranger (MFR) Programme for three years.
- Mangrove tree planting activities.
For more information about the project, please e-mail us at email@example.com