Klang River Basin Restoration and Rehabilitation Project at Sungai Batu through Biodiversity Enhancement
Aiming at enhancing riverbanks through Nature-based Solutions (NbS), the project will focus on enhancing an identified 1km stretch of Sungai Batu, a tributary of the Klang River Basin.
The project will include various programmes including, tree planting to help reduce riverbank erosion and landslides. It will also involve the reintroduction of local riverine species along the riverbank to enhance riverine biodiversity and pollution reduction through community-based Best Management Practices (BMP).
Duration: December 2022 – 2023
Funder: CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad
Partners: Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID) Gombak District
- Kampung Nakhoda
- Kampung Sungai Tua Baharu/Tanah Gantian
- Kampung Sungai Kertas
- Kampung Laksamana
- Kampung Baru Batu Caves
- Kampung Melayu Batu Caves Selatan
- Kampung Indian Settlement Batu Caves
- Riverbank enhancement through nature-based solutions (bioengineering and tree planting to reduce the riverbank erosion and landslides).
- Reintroduce or replant the local riverine species, pollinating plants/tress along the riverbank for biodiversity enhancement.
- Community FLOOD Ranger training, including hazard mapping.
- Promoting Best Management Practices amongst local communities.
- Ongoing river clean-up activity with local communities and volunteers.
- Establish community-based riverfront site.
For more infomation on the project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit HERE.